Skip to main content

His Majesty's Hostage - Volume 1 - Prologue

Prologue

“Ah, it’s a fire― help!” ― A terrified screech suddenly pierced the tranquil midnight, awakening the residents of the building from their dreams. Once the situation became clear, the residents fled for their lives, leaving their homes in disorder, to the escape routes.

“Run!”

“Call 119.”

“There is thick smoke, quickly take a wet towel to cover your nose.”

“BoooHooooo, mommy.”

“The escape route is blocked, run upstairs.”

“…….”

The panicking crowd ran chaotically to the narrow exit. The raging fire had already spread from the third floor to the fifth floor, while thick smoke quickly poured over the area. Along with the gradually rising temperature, the crowd of people became even more confused causing them to run around like headless flies.

“Cough, cough.” Su ZiLi covered his mouth and nose with his sleeve, but still could not avoid inhaling the thick smoke.

Please read His Majesty's Hostage Prologue on Project Bezemwagen :-)

He did not want to die yet. He was only seventeen years old, just in his prime. The sport shoes he bought yesterday, were still unworn. The love letter to the school’s prettiest girl was still on his desk and had not been send yet. Even the review the teacher gave as punishment for reading novels in class, had not been written yet. How could he die in the fire when there were still so many unfulfilled wishes?

Tongues of fire flew all around him like ghostly talons, but since he had just fallen down the stairs and sprained his leg, he could only wait for his death to come. Su ZiLi crawled forward with difficulty across the floor that had started to burn. The dim darkness of vision and the burning air made Su ZiLi feel more desperate than ever.

Please read His Majesty's Hostage Prologue on Project Bezemwagen :-)

I'm really going to die!

His chest seemed to be suffocated by invisible weight. The weak Su ZiLi opened slightly his lips and inhaled with great difficulty the thin oxygen in the air. At this point, Su ZiLi realized the small and fragile nature of life.

‘Bang’ Accompanied by a loud explosion, ZiLi felt his body rise into the air, and then plunge into a vortex of darkness……..



Translator Notes
I can't believe I posted the first chapter, I mean the prologue ヽ(^◇^*)/ Translating has made me appreciate translators even more. A chapter I read in, say, 5 minutes takes me hours or even a whole day to translate! Not to mention the editing. So the release rate probably won't be very fast, but I hope I can release at least a chapter a week.
Oh, how I wish I could speak Chinese (◡﹏◡✿) Well, I'm glad it's finally posted.

I started this story not knowing that it hadn't finished translating yet. Since I'm someone who likes to finish every story, I thought, if I'm going to use MTL anyway, why not share it with everyone? So here it is. Hopefully it was readable. Since this will be my first translation project, I wanted to start from the Prologue, so please bear with me.

A disclaimer, neither Chinese nor English is my native language, so there are bound to be translation errors. Let me know if you find anything or have a better suggestion for a translation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog